Each year, the QCCVB recognizes those individuals that have successfully brought meetings, conventions, and events to the Quad Cities area in the past year.
- Leatherneck Classic – November 8-9, 2014, Hotel Davenport, 570 room nights, Economic Impact: $255,000
- North American Colleges & Teachers of Agriculture Judging Conference – April 8-10, 2015, iWireless Center - 550 room nights, Economic Impact: $432,000
- ComedySportz World Championship – June 10-13, 2015, The Establishment - 126 room nights, Economic Impact: $126,000
The QCCVB is recognizing three outstanding partners this year who have gone above and beyond to support the QCCVB—Quad City Symphony Orchestra, Young Professionals of the Quad Cities, and Wallace’s Garden Center.
The QCCVB’s Volunteer Award is named in honor of Garry Thompson, a Rock Island resident who was an active volunteer with the QCCVB for over 20 years. He passed away on December 1, 2008. This year, the award is presented to Ron Foster of Rock Island, Ill., for his continued support of men’s fastpitch tournaments.
Former director of the Moline Parks & Recreation Department, Milt Hand served on the QCCVB board from 2004-2008 (serving as chair 2006-07), and the board of the Quad Cities Sports Commission. The Milt Hand Good Sport Award is going to:
- Lisa Lockheart, Rock Island Public Library, for the Smithsonian traveling exhibit, Hometown Teams, came to the library last September. Rock Island was one of 6 Illinois towns. The library also planned a local component to the exhibit and local programming.
- Gary Thrapp, Beyond the Baseline, has been a great partner and hosted the youth basketball clinic for the Missouri Valley Conference this spring. He is a wealth of knowledge about tournaments and a great supporter of youth and amateur sports.
Corporate Partnership awards are presented to those in the community who have made extraordinary financial commitments to the QCCVB. This additional funding helps the QCCVB further its marketing and sales efforts for the promotion of the whole Quad Cities.
- John Deere
- Riverboat Development Authority
SlideShare Link to 2015 Annual Report - http://bit.ly/1Ky0xhk