The Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau and Des Moines Area Sports Commission honored nine local individuals and businesses for their ongoing commitment to growing tourism in Greater Des Moines.
Winners were presented their awards at last night’s Catch Des Moines Annual Celebration, an event that celebrates the impact and success of tourism in the metro over the past year.
Champion Award Winners
- Community Champion – Iowa Events Center
- A community contributor who has made Greater Des Moines a better place to visit and live.
- Corporate Champion – Hy-Vee
- A corporation whose advocacy brings vitality and strength to metro tourism.
- CVB Champion – Jim and Janet Winslow (National Square Dance Association)
- A group or individual that helps increase visitors to Greater Des Moines.
- Partner Champion – Iowa Beverage
- A marketing partner that proudly supports tourism efforts in Greater Des Moines.
- Sports Champions – Iowa State University
- A university, business, or individual that supports bringing sporting events to the metro.
Visitor Choice Awards – Determined by visitor vote
- Attraction of the Year – Iowa State Fair
- Hotel of the Year – Des Moines Marriott Downtown
- Restaurant of the Year – Centro