The Wisconsin Chapter of Meeting Professionals International recently celebrated members, volunteers, and chapter accomplishments at their annual Gala held at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Among the many honorees of the evening, Alison Huber, CMP, joined the MPI-Wisconsin Hall of Fame. The chapter honored Alison's years of dedication as a board member, President, supplier and planner in our industry. Alison is an Account Manager at MDS Association Management in Madison, WI.
- The Meetings Industry Advocate Award: Laura MacIsaac, CMP, Director of Sales at Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison, WI
- President’s Award: Maria Peot, Coordinator of College Events at Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Rising Star Award: Nicole Ellickson, CMP, Meeting Manager of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts in Madison, WI
- Supplier of the Year Award: David Helgeson, CMP, Director of Sales at the Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center in Oshkosh, WI
- Planner of the Year Award: Tracey Bockhop, CMP, President & CEO at Meet Meetings in Madison, WI
- Team of the Year Award: Social Media Team comprised of Maria Peot, Milwaukee Area Technical College; Jessica Kurtz, Wyndham Garden Hotel Madison Fitchburg; Cathy Kreiter, Visit Milwaukee; Cheryl Oswald, CMP, Kohl’s Department Stores; Margaret Stauffacher, Holiday Inn at the American Center.
MPI-Wisconsin Chapter member grant recipient was also announced. Any individual who is a current member of MPI-Wisconsin and has been a member for at least one year at the date of the application deadline may apply. The funds can be used at the discretion of the recipient for expenses like membership dues, registration fees or other professional development activities. The 2015-2016 Member Grant recipient was Maria Peot, Coordinator of College Events at Milwaukee Area Technical College.
About MPI-Wisconsin Chapter
Meeting Professionals International (MPI), the meeting and event industry’s largest and most vibrant global community helps our members thrive by providing human connections to knowledge and ideas, relationships, and marketplaces. MPI–Wisconsin membership is comprised of more than 300 members from the planner and supplier sectors.
Established in 1977, MPI – Wisconsin offers education, the latest research and trends, leadership training, best practices, professional development and networking opportunities, which help its members enhance their professional value and define the strategic value of meetings within their respective organizations.