Mother’s Day is officially Sunday, but mothers receive a warm welcome every day at the SMG-managed Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC), which is nearing the completion of its $140 million expansion and renovation in July.
The GCCC also plans to develop an alliance with Mobile Mommies, LLC, which provides professional on-site child care and entertainment during events in the Columbus area.
“Elevating the guest experience is an ongoing process at our facility, and mothers are a significant and valued portion of our customer base,” said GCCC Assistant General Manager Sue Graves, a mother of three children.
The Greater Columbus Convention Center, located in downtown Columbus, hosted an estimated 2.5 million visitors in 2016. The facility is owned by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority and is managed by SMG.
• Reserved parking spaces for new mothers and mothers-to-be next to the elevator vestibules in the Vine Street, Goodale and South Garages which are connected to the facility by enclosed walkway
• Spacious family restrooms
• A three-station, freestanding nursing mother’s room
• Charging stations for mobile devices
• Healthy food selections, booster seats, a variety of seating options, multiple flat-screen televisions and individually owned quick-service restaurants in the South Café & Marketplace
• Levy’s Discovery Café, composed of the Homegrown Market, Columbus Grille, Crimson Cup and CBUS Tap Room, with the indoor Smartfarm Green Growth System of vegetables and herbs for culinary use arriving this summer
• Collaborative areas throughout the facility with a variety of comfortable seating options, ideal for mothers traveling with children
• The largest contemporary collection of Franklin County art to enjoy
• Shops within the venue catering to children and parents, including Heroes & Games, Ohio Buckeye Connection, Nielsen’s Convenience Store & Gifts and the Columbus Visitor Center
• Transportation options including CoGo Bikes, Central Ohio Transit Authority’s AirConnect airport shuttle and free CBUS Circulator traveling throughout downtown, and SegAway Tours of Columbus
SMG turns 40 in 2017! Celebrating its 40th anniversary and founded in 1977, SMG provides management services to 233 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theaters, performing arts centers, amphitheaters, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues. With facilities across the globe, SMG manages more than 15 million square feet of exhibition space and more than 1.5 million sports and entertainment seats. As the recognized global industry leader, SMG provides venue management, sales, marketing, event booking and programming, construction and design consulting, and pre-opening services for such landmark facilities as McCormick Place & Soldier Field in Chicago, Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, Houston’s NRG Park and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. SMG also offers food and beverage operations through its concessions and catering companies, currently serving more than 140 accounts worldwide.
Visit www.columbusconventions.com and www.smgworld.com for more information.