The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland, Ohio’s top rated hotel, has completed a massive, 18-month transformation of its 206 luxury guest rooms and public spaces, redefining the Downtown hotel experience and adding contemporary new elegance to an iconic Midwestern landmark. The remastering was led by Detroit-based developer Bedrock and includes opening of a new restaurant and gathering spot -- TURN Bar + Kitchen, and Core, a ground-breaking fitness center built for the most demanding of road warriors. Core provides a new take on the hotel workout, with advanced training and equipment options inspired by the champion athletes and team trainers who call downtown Cleveland home.
The hotel’s supremely comfortable new guest rooms and suites feature an understated color palette of clear, clean blues, taupes and greys inspired in part by legendary Lake Erie –visible from many parts of the water-view property. Subtly glimmering finishes reflect Cleveland’s great steel-making history, while productivity-focused conveniences and surprising, sophisticated design touches complete the elegantly modern detailing.
Artwork has been selected to honor a brilliant talent pool in the region, as selections include pieces by local and regional artists offering fresh approaches to abstracts as well as famous landmarks, views, scenes and the spectacular natural history of the Midwest. A rotating pool of local art now displayed in a seventh-floor gallery is complemented by works throughout the hotel’s public spaces from names such as Beverly Fishman, Scott Reeder, Adrian Falkner, Kelsey Brookes, Dana Oldfather, Sam Friedman and Andrea Jocki.
The hotel arrival and lobby experience has been completely re-imagined, while fully redesigned, contemporary new meeting space features not only stylish and meeting-friendly interiors, but also access to the deliciously revolutionary LINKS. LINKS is located on the seventh floor and presents a one-of-a-kind, interactive working kitchen ideal for team-building experiences, group cooking adventures, and the most creative of food and beverage breaks.
There’s more to the re-imagination of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland. The hotel team’s innate pride in the city has altered the whole concept of “concierge” – as every hotel employee is now trained to be a guest concierge for fast-emerging Downtown and greater Cleveland. Each of the hotel’s ladies and gentlemen is already sharing new ways to discover the newly reawakened and re-energized city -- and they will help guests to experience it and capture it photographically. Some of the team’s local passions will be demonstrated on the hotel’s re-unveiling day of October 27, when at 5 p.m. a community open house will follow the hotel’s 2:00 p.m. private ribbon-cutting event and 2:40 p.m. premiere of The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland Video – a cinematographic ode to awakening Cleveland, as conceptualized by the ladies and gentlemen of the hotel.
TRANSFORMATION HIGHLIGHTS: THE RITZ-CARLTON, CLEVELAND
• TURN Bar + Kitchen: A new take on the all-day/all-evening restaurant including dazzling interiors, a high energy bar scene, nighttime entertainment and the best of Cleveland neighborhood cuisine. Inspired by fire, light, mirrors and shining metals, the room’s open design features wide open spaces, leather and fabric seating, and a dramatically illuminated onyx bar. A fabulous wall of windows looks out onto Downtown (and be sure to ask about the salt). Interior design is by EDG.
• CORE Fitness Center: Latest equipment and bikes from Technogym and Peloton and a Fitness-on-Demand Wall providing virtual workout classes. Additionally, a private fitness studio; movement studio with yoga mats/kettlebell/Plyo sets; and further workout equipment including Shuttle MVP, VersaClimber, and Hammer Strength Select Hip & Glute. Optional workouts with personal trainers to Cleveland’s pro basketball, baseball, hockey and football stars. Interactive smoothie bar and wellness refreshments, luxury waterfall showers, dry saunas, and private lockers with electronic key access. Memberships available.
• LINKS culinary meeting HQ – a dream kitchen experience for groups of foodies, meeting attendees, bridal parties and team-building/cooking show enthusiasts.
• Strikingly reconfigured public spaces throughout the hotel, including a sleek new street-level arrival and completely refashioned sixth-floor lobby and gathering/nightlife experience. The hotel’s revolutionized footprint invites discovery.
Guest Room Comfort /Technology Enhancements
• Nespresso Coffee Machines
• 55" and 60" smart TVs with Enseo streaming platform and Netflix access
• Guest room automation and sensor lighting, RFID keys and digital safes to fit laptops
• Five accessible power outlets on each side of bed, plus mood lighting with nightlight feature and
polished nickel reading lights
• New marble bathrooms including showers with bench seating and fogless shaving mirrors, and oversized tubs with shower wands
• Complete makeover of The Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge, complete with interactive dining and coffee innovations
• Interior design is by dPOP/Jinnie Kim design.
For room reservations or information, please call the hotel directly at +1-216-623-1300; call toll-free at +1-800-241-3333; or visit www.ritzcarlton.com/cleveland or a travel professional. To engage directly with the Forbes Four Star/AAA Four Diamond hotel, visit https://www.facebook.com/ritzcarltoncleveland. The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland is located at 1515 West Third Street in the heart of the city’s dynamic and fast-growing Downtown entertainment, sports, dining, gaming, music, business, historic, arts and cultural district. Nearby landmarks include Bedrock and Family of Companies properties such as the Higbee Building, JACK Casino, Tower City and more. The hotel is also located within walking distance of The Q, home court for the Cleveland Cavaliers.