“This rustic 146-room lodge is ready for a high-level redesign that matches the esteemed Geneva National brand with which it is affiliated,” states Geneva National’s president Garth L. Chambers, who adds that a hot new Lake Geneva escape demands a new and stylish name – specifically, The Ridge Hotel. “Four years ago, we pulled The Ridge under the Geneva National Resort umbrella, establishing it as Golf Club lodging – a move that boosted the hotel’s business some 30 percent. These substantial renovations will raise the bar, brand and business further, positioning Geneva National Resort as the most convenient, affordable and high-end option for a full-service golf and meeting experience in the Midwest.”
“Every detail of the redesign has been thoughtfully considered to speak to every generation while creating an unparalleled and welcoming experience for each guest,” states Lori Mukoyma, Vice President at the Chicago office of Callison RTKL, the firm behind the hotel’s current, crisp and comfortable concept.
Channeling the hotel’s picturesque wooded lakeshore property, Mukoyma’s team pulls the outside indoors with a warm grass green and subtle grey-blue palette, natural maple, river rock and water elements, and a unique use of light to create earth-hewn textures. The re-imagined lobby will draw guests to a buzzing bean + vine coffee and wine bar with countertop seating set against enticing gathering spaces – from oversized sectionals focused on a large flat-screen TV and groupings of lounge chairs intimately arranged hearthside to a communal table wired with USBs and whimsically shaped “pebble” ottomans strategically strewn about for good measure.
The following updates will further add to the hotel’s playful panache:
- Replacing the Lakeview Grille with Crafted, a smart, sumptuous new dining venue and cocktail club room with panoramic views.
- Staging a statement entry with a grand 3-D perforated ceiling panel through which light depicting river stones cascades onto the floor.
- Swapping the former check-in desk with custom reception pods wrapped in warm leather and doused in amber light.
- Modernizing the first-floor fireplace with stunning linear accents intermixed with wood or stone features.
- Creating an airy staircase beckoning guests to the lower level with glass railings and a sculptural chandelier reminiscent of floating water bubbles.
- Installing all new fixtures while fully refurbishing lobby restrooms, wrapping each in shimmering strips of neutral tiles that drift up the walls from the floor.
- Fusing form with function, seamlessly and artfully blending easily accessible state-of-the-art technology throughout all spaces and furnishings.
The Ridge will remain open throughout the five-month construction project, which will be staged by Corporate Contractors, Inc., of Beloit in order to preserve the comfort and experience of hotel guests.
Updated plans and images are available to download by CLICKING HERE and will be presented via The Ridge Hotel’s new website at RidgeLakeGeneva.com.
About Geneva Ridge Resort, now The Ridge Hotel
Only a five minute drive from downtown Lake Geneva and just off the beaten tourist path, the privately owned 146-room Ridge Hotel overlooks acres of secluded and wooded shoreline and the award-winning Geneva National Golf Club. The hotel’s restaurant, cocktail lounge, outdoor poolside terrace, and flexible meeting and banquet spaces offer magnificent panoramic views of the property. Amenities include indoor and outdoor pools, a 12-foot outdoor fire feature, full-service banquet and meeting facilities, an on-site health club, spa, restaurant, cocktail lounge and a forthcoming coffee and wine bar.
About Geneva National Resort
Home of Golf Digest’s “Top Ten Wisconsin Golf Courses,” Golfweek’s Best Resort Courses” and Golf Magazine’s “Top Courses you Can Play,” Geneva National has made legendary golf a tradition for nearly 25 years and features three championship courses uniquely designed by masters Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino. Join this semi-private club as a member, live in the luxurious 1600-acre lakeshore golf community, or vacation just a nine iron from the tee box at the Inns of Geneva National, award-winning boutique group villas with access to the private wellness center, tennis courts, outdoor pools, hiking paths, room service from the Clubhouse Grill Room and shuttle service to the five-star Hunt Club Steakhouse.