• How do you stack up?
• Facts and tips
Modern planners are focusing on collaborative tools and technology, not purely to save time, but also to develop the best event experiences according to Social Tables’ recent study Benchmarking Modern Meeting Planners. These experiences require teams of individuals delegating tasks and leveraging the right technology in order to keep communication flowing and planning processes manageable and repeatable.
• Today, over 100,000 full-time meeting and event planners are employed in the US with the top five industries for planners being:
1. Travel & Accommodation
2. Political, Business, and Corporate
3. Third Party Planning Firms
4. Universities, Museums, and Higher Education
5. Arts, Sports, and Entertainment
• Employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow 10% over the next decade, which is faster than the average of all occupations. The East coast is leading the forces in this ‘not your traditional 9 to 5’ career, with a majority of planners in Washington, DC.
• The average event planner manages 37 events each year with 56% of events managed requiring at least one site visit. The average event planner spends over 100 hours a year on site visits alone, however, planners involved with more than 50 events each year tend to conduct fewer site visits by sticking with properties they know and trust.
• 35% of small and medium sized event planning firms are reportedly increasing their budget for mobile event apps in 2016. On top of that, event planning firms indicated that 27% of their technology budget will go into mobile event apps this year. 87% of planners are already using social media, but mostly as event promotion which is just scratching the surface of its full potential. A social media campaign needs to utilize social media at every stage of the event life cycle.
Social Tables is a meetings and events company that just happens to do software. Ranked as the #1 software for planners and properties to work together online, they are the industry leading provider of cloud-based hospitality software that positions venues to work more collaboratively and efficiently with their event and meeting customers.
Over 100,000 unique users rely on the desktop and mobile product line, planning over 1,000,000 events within the company’s 1 billion+ sq. ft. Venue Library.
For the full report from Social Tables see: www.go.socialtables.com/benchmarkinguide