“As we welcome cooler weather and extra layers, party planning is going strong across the city,” says Paramount Events Principal Jodi Fyfe. “Everyone wants their event to produce that “wow” factor and with these tips for crafting festive dishes, drinks and desserts, seasonal parties elevate to the next level.”
Party planners behold Paramount Events’ 2015 holiday tips for creating festive items, glittering treats, toasty beverages and more. Rejoice with friends and family through the season with trends kicking parties up a notch.
1. Chow down with chili stations. Keep things casual while keeping guests toasty with pop-up chili stations, offering warming options like Beef Chili (Ground beef, braised oxtail, five beans, chilis, onion, tomato), White Chicken Chili (Braised chicken, poblano, pickled jalapeno, onion, Great Northern Beans, chickpeas) or Vegetarian Chili(Five beans, mirepoix, fennel, leeks, tomato, fresno, jalapeno).
2. All things gold. Glimmering gold accents are musts for holiday soirées, but it doesn’t stop there. Adding a touch of the shiny palette to desserts similar to Paramount’s Chocolate Hazelnut Tarts keeps events classy and refined.
3. Switch things up with sides. Change up the menu, making the meal exclusively sides-only. Eliminate concern over choosing the perfect main course, deciding among Paramount’s grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes and cauliflower, comforting macaroni and cheese and other satisfying sides.
5. Infuse eats with smoky flavors. Paramount Events suggests infusing items with natural smoke such as applewood, cherry or hickory, imparting rich flavors across any feast. With practice, planners may just create something as tasty as Paramount’s Cherry Bark Smoked Mussels.
6. Serve up the soup. Many overlook the option of adding a soup course, but a hot bowl is perfect for a cool, crisp day. Consider adding a steaming serving of Paramount’s Autumn Sweet Potato Soup with Saba (frisée, pickled carrot, beets, coriander, lemon) to the menu.
7. Reverse the drinks. Keep things refreshing with seasonal beverages like Paramount’s Harvest Time Tea Cocktail (Irish whiskey, fresh lemon juice, housemade spiced black tea syrup, apple cider), but don’t be afraid to switch things up with cold ciders and warm punches. The role reversal really hits the spot with guests.
8. Bring on the bison. Bison and venison have risen in popularity, so enlist help from Paramount incorporating the wild game into party meals. While you’re at it, allowing them to prep meats with a coffee or tex-mex rub is an unexpected, flavorful twist leaving guests craving more.
9. Oldie but goodie. Take things back to your youth, hosting a retro-style holiday dinner with items like Deviled Eggs and Spicy Sriracha Mousse, a classic dish with a modern flair.
10. Prep the pie. Whether served individually or family style, savory pies can be prepped ahead of time while staying gourmet. Take your menu beyond classic chicken pot pies, incorporating ingredients like short rib or root vegetables into savory recipes instead.
With Paramount Events’ top ten holiday trends, anyone can elevate seasonal soirées with a sophisticated flair, impressing guests this winter with these must-try techniques from the premier catering crew. For holiday hosts in need, contact Paramount Events by calling (773) 880-8044 or visiting www.paramounteventschicago.com.
About Paramount Events Catering
Paramount Events Catering is Chicago’s established, go-to resource for events and catering. The team continually strives to create custom, creative menus from sustainable and local products, provide every guest with impeccable, attentive service and foster growth in community partnerships. For more information about Paramount Events, please call (773) 880-8044 or visit www.paramounteventschicago.com or Paramount’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages.