When preparing emergency procedures, try to think of as many things that could go wrong as possible, and outline how to proceed in the event of each one. Then make sure everyone knows what is to happen.
Here are a few very basic questions to give you an idea of what to ask when coordinating an emergency plan with the facility staff.
• Is there an existing written evacuation plan?
• Are all facility staff familiar with this plan?
• How are emergency procedures initiated?
• What is the emergency notification plan for attendees and guests?
• Are all exits clearly marked?
• Is there a map of exits and evacuation routes displayed in all rooms?
• Where is a first-aid station located?
• Where are the nearest hospitals?