Going Green Checklist
If you are looking to create a more ‘green’ meeting or event, try to utilize as many of these points as possible.
Food and Beverage
- Pick a venue near airports, train and bus stations, that offer public transportation.
- Find out if your venue is LEED certified.
- Ensure the venue’s cleaning practices protect indoor air quality.
- Encourage participants to walk to shops or restaurants or share cabs if needed.
- Let participants know the positive impact being made by quantifying the efforts and letting them know multiple times. (Example: By eliminating the use of straws during this conference, we kept XXX straws away from potentially polluting our oceans.)
- Reuse signage.
- Collect badge holders to use again.
- Choose an environmentally friendly CSR or Teambuilding activity for your participants.
LEED Certified Properties in the Midwest
|File Size:||62 kb|