Following are key facts and figures from MPI’s 2017 World Education Congress (WEC), which concluded June 22nd in Las Vegas.
- Delivered more than 70 total education sessions and most qualified for clock hours.
- The MPI Foundation raised more than $340,000 with The Big Deal, Rendezvous and the Not-So-Silent Auction compared to $300,000 raised from these events during WEC 2016.
- MPI also raised another $218,000+ with the President’s Dinner, compared to $145,000+ raised last year; funds raised from the event will support the MPI Academy in its efforts to provide more education to our global community. During President’s Dinner, MPI honored its volunteer leadership, including the international board, Immediate Past-Board Chair Fiona Pelham, the MPI Foundation’s Global Board of Trustees, and chapter presidents. Also, the MPI Industry Leader Award was awarded to Ray Bloom, CMM, chairman and founder of the IMEX Group, for his contributions to the industry.
- Issued the following news announcements:
- The MPI Chair Award was presented to Michael Dominguez, Senior Vice President and Chief Sales Officer of MGM Resorts International. Following is an excerpt from MPI Chair Brian Stevens’s speech during the RISE Awards Luncheon: