- Work with the facility to sanitize rooms between sessions and at the end of the day.
- Place attendants in restrooms (people are much more likely to wash their hands properly if they’re being watched) and the attendants can sanitize the restroom after use.
- Post signage encouraging the frequent washing of hands with soap and water.
- Provide tissues in conference rooms and in hallways and encourage proper disposal.
- Increase the number of alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations.
You can always include information in any pre-conference material you distribute to your attendees as well.
- Encourage your attendees to get the flu vaccine.
- Touching their eyes, nose or mouth is how germs are spread. Encourage them to avoid these habits.
- Advise them to practice good health habits: get plenty of sleep and exercise, drink plenty of fluids, eat healthy foods and manage stress levels.