“Our organization works hard to bring meetings, events and individuals to Madison all year round, but it is the extraordinary efforts of the city’s hospitality organizations and individuals that result in exceptional visitor experiences,” remarked Deb Archer, President and CEO of Destination Madison. “The people that work in our restaurants, hotels, museums and attractions elevate Madison into a stronger community that visitors rave about and return to.”
The 2019 Destination Madison Award recipients included:
- Rising Star Award: Julianne Lind, Sales & Events Manager at The Madison Club
- Recognizes individuals who have been in the industry for less than five years, but have demonstrated excellent in their work and the potential to become a pivotal figure in the community
- Rising Star Student Award: Carolyn Kosabucki, Hospitality Management Student at Madison College
- Recognizes the next generation of hospitality professionals who are pursuing a degree in the hospitality and/or tourism industry at a university, college or community college in the greater Madison area
- Front Line Service Award: Aureliano Montes, General Manager at Canteen
- Recognizes the dedication and service excellence of employees who provide service directly to guests
- Behind the Scenes Service Award: Musab Naji, Chief Engineer at Hampton Inn of Madison – East Towne Mall
- Recognizes the dedication and service excellence of employees who work out of the public view
- Shining Star Award: Food Fight Restaurant Group and Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Recognizes businesses and organizations for exceptional achievements
- Distinguished Achievement Award: Rita Kelliher, Retired President, Madison Festivals, Inc.
- Recognizes a professional who has distinguished him/herself in the hospitality and tourism industry
About Destination Madison:
Destination Madison is honored to play a key role in supporting the more than 22,000 Dane County jobs supported by tourism. Promoting tourism in Madison since 1972, Destination Madison continues to work strategically to expand upon the more than $1.3 billion dollars generated by visitor spending in Dane Country every year. For the most up-to-date information, visit our website visitmadison.com.