Historic Hotels of America® and Historic Hotels Worldwide® are pleased to announce the nominee finalists for the 2018 Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence. The Historic Hotels Awards of Excellence recognize and celebrate the finest historic hotels and hoteliers from across the nation and from around the world.
Read more at Hotel Online News.
Midwest Meetings would like to congratulate and wish the best for the Midwest hotels who were nominated! (see below)
• The Pfister (1893) Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Best Historic Hotel (Over 400 Guestrooms)
• Hilton Chicago (1927) Chicago, Illinois
Best City Center Historic Hotel
• Palmer House®, A Hilton Hotel (1871) Chicago, Illinois
• Hotel Phillips Kansas City, Curio Collection by Hilton (1931) Kansas City, Missouri
Best Historic Resort
• The American Club (1918) Kohler, Wisconsin
Hotel Historian of the Year
• Patrick Denis Murphy at Morris Inn at Notre Dame (1952) South Bend, Indiana
Best Historic Restaurant in Conjunction with a Historic Hotel
• Woods Restaurant at Grand Hotel (1887) Mackinac Island, Michigan
• Immigrant Restaurant at The American Club (1918) Kohler, Wisconsin
Legendary Family Historic Hoteliers of the Year
• The Kohler family at The American Club (1918) Kohler, Wisconsin
Historic Hotelier of the Year
• Kenneth Hayward at Grand Hotel (1887) Mackinac Island, Michigan
Steward of History and Historic Preservation
• Herbert V. Kohler, Jr. at The American Club (1918) Kohler, Wisconsin
The 2018 Historic Hotels Annual Awards of Excellence and Gala Dinner will take place at The Broadmoor (1918) in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 7 pm. The final award winners will be announced before an audience of owners, senior management, industry leaders, and representatives from the finest historic hotels around the world.