Engaging new video series presents the WCD's innovative solutions to planners' event needs
Planners have been a part of the very design of the district from the beginning with the original convention center project being based on meeting planner input. The new video series continues that planner-centric service demonstrating how the Wisconsin Center District is a one-stop shop for events with a plethora of features including:
- Fast, reliable Wi-Fi. The district’s Wi-Fi can handle double the capacity and triple the speed for reliable remote work. Additionally, planners can receive usage reports to identify key metrics for their events.
- Skywalks to Hotels. Milwaukee’s skywalk system is a popular option to travel around downtown while staying indoors. The Wisconsin Center section of that system includes skywalks directly connected to more than 1,300 hotel rooms.
- Fare with Flare. WCD has partnered with Levy Restaurants for its catering services. This brings planners direct access to a creative chef and full culinary team ready to collaborate on fresh, personalized, outstanding food and beverages for all dietary needs.
- A Place to Unwind. The CONFLUX space just inside of the Wisconsin Center’s main entrance is an oasis for weary eventgoers with charging stations, healthy locally sourced food, local coffee, and a Lego Station to name a few awesome amenities.
- Campus-Wide Scalability. With 28 breakout rooms in the convention center as well as a wide variety of flexible spaces in both the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and the Miller High Life Theatre, the district can accommodate events big or small in all its venues.
Although the entire video series is available online, individual video spotlights will be rolled out throughout the year. Stay tuned to WCD’s and VISIT Milwaukee’s social media channels.
About the Wisconsin Center District
The Wisconsin Center District (WCD) is a government body created under Wisconsin State Statute in 1994 to fund, build and operate the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee as well as the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and Miller High Life Theatre. Information about events at the WCD facilities is available at www.MillerHighLifeTheatre.com, www.UWMPantherArena.com, and www.WisconsinCenter.com.
About VISIT Milwaukee
VISIT Milwaukee is the Greater Milwaukee area’s convention and visitors bureau, marketing the destination as a top choice for business, convention, and leisure travel to national and international visitors in order to increase the economic impact of tourism in the region. Each year, tourism supports over 52,300 full-time jobs and brings more than $5.7 billion to the community. VISIT Milwaukee has over 700 members, including hotels/motels, restaurants, attractions, services, and area businesses. The Wisconsin Center District and Potawatomi Hotel & Casino are strategic partners with VISIT Milwaukee, providing funding support for conventions and tourism programs. For more information call (800) 554-1448 or visit www.visitmilwaukee.org.