Installation sites have been designated along the route from Blue Earth Plaza to the Osage Street pocket park, serving to connect lodging, shopping and dining establishments with entry to the historic downtown area. The proposed timeline for this project would be as follows:
- Call Opened: October 10, 2019
- Deadline for Entries: January 3, 2020, via EntryThingy website. This portal will close on January 3 or whenever 150 entries are reached, whichever is sooner.
- Notification of Artists: March–April 2020
- Installation of Selected Works: May 4–15, 2020
- De-installation of Works: April 19–30, 2021
The mission of Manhattan Parks & Rec is to build a healthy community through people, parks, and programs. More information is available at www.mhkprd.com, or by calling the Parks & Recreation office at 785-587-2757 during regular business hours. Follow Manhattan Parks & Rec on Facebook at ManhattanParksandRec or on Twitter, @ManhattanPRD.