Destination Kohler – the Midwest’s only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resort-hotel – provides guests with an idyllic, all-encompassing winter escape set in the quaint village of Kohler (two and a half hours north of Chicago and one hour north of Milwaukee). True to the festive spirit, the resort is outfitted with327,650 twinkling lights, nearly 30 evergreen trees adorned with more than 300 sparkling ornaments, hallways decked with more than 30 wreaths and an impressive 25-foot Christmas tree outside of The Shops at Woodlake. 'Tis the season to bundle and cozy up near one of the resort’s 27 crackling fireplaces!
- Accommodations: Steeped in history (the building celebrated its 100th anniversary this year) and five-star amenities, The American Club offers guests stately, elegant accommodations outfitted with the finest Kohler plumbing products. The AAA Three Diamond Inn on Woodlake’s recently expanded multi-bedroom suites are a wonderful option for families and large groups coming together for the holidays, with spacious common areas complete with a kitchenette, living area and fireplace (for Santa’s arrival, of course!).
- Kohler Waters Spa: Giving is one of the themes of the season, and Kohler encourages guests to give themselves the gift of wellness and a little “me” time at the newly expanded Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 60 Forbes Five-Star spas worldwide and an industry leader in hydrotherapy. The seasonal menu boasts treatments, including the Comfort & Joy Mint Massage and Comfort & Joy Mint Body Treatment, which both use holiday scents (peppermint and eucalyptus) to awaken the senses and soothe dry, cracked skin.
- Outdoor Adventures at River Wildlife: The naturally secluded 500-acre wilderness preserve offers a range of cold weather activities, including:
- Cross-Country Skiing (weather permitting) – Strap on your skis to enjoy miles of winding trails through the Wisconsin woodlands and meadows.
- Bavarian Curling and Ice Bowling (November through March) – Amidst the stunning Gazebo Courtyard outside the American Club (complete with patio heaters), guests can partake in friendly competition and pay homage to the property’s first inhabitants (The American Club was once home to the immigrants who worked at the Kohler Co. factory).
- Pheasant Hunting (Mid-September to Early Spring) – A premier shooting club in the Midwest, pheasant hunting at the resort comes with an expert guide, hunting dog and access to three hunting fields along the beautiful Sheboygan river and snow-covered forest.
- 12 Distinct Dining Establishments: From the welcoming “Mistletoe” and “Christmas” brunches at The Wisconsin Room, to elevated tasting menus at the resort’s crown jewel and AAA Four-Diamond rated The Immigrant Restaurant, the resort has a menu to fit the palate of every traveler. For those with a sweet tooth (who also love a good night cap), The Shops at Woodlake is home to KOHLER Original Recipe Chocolates, where guests can find the brand’s delicious spirit varieties and the latest seasonal gourmet chocolate, the Peppermint Crunch Terrapin.
For the sports-inclined traveler, LODGE KOHLER – the AAA Four Diamond hotel located just steps from the Lambeau Field and home of the legendary Green Bay Packers – offers an unmatched experience that some Pack fans only dream of. Nestled in the heart of the iconic Wisconsin town, the property oozes a holiday spirit that’s filled with football cheers and nearby to an abundance of joyful winter activities!
- Accommodations & Respite: The 144-room property is outfitted with custom Kohler bathroom products and an artfully curated collection of Packers photography and memorabilia that every Cheesehead will appreciate. The Kohler Waters Spa location at the property offers the same seasonal treatment along with five signature hydrotherapy treatments to combat dry skin affected by the cold temps.
- Holiday Fare: The property’s fifth floor restaurant, Taverne in the Sky offers a series of special holiday menus, including a three-course traditional Christmas Day menu and four-course prix fixe New Year’s Eve menu, both paired with spectacular views of Lambeau Field; full menus available upon request.
- Winter Fun: Steps away from the lively Titletown District, guests can participate in seasonal activities, including Ariens Hill, the man-made, 300-foot long sledding hill (tubing schedule and pricing can be found here) and a picturesque skating rink and “ribbon” open throughout the winter (open Christmas Day, weather permitting); full details including skating schedule and pricing can be found here.