68% of respondents work at an association or corporation. Another 10% were independent planners. Respondents who marked Other were primarily from banking or manufacturing industries, or work for non-profit organizations.
Planners are still actively including additional activities in their Meetings and Events. In addition to the selections below, respondents who marked Other commented on planning Family Activities, Ag Tours, and Music Venues.
Planners were asked to list what the number one thing a venue can offer a planner to assist them.
35% responded with requests for Clear, Timely, Detailed Communication. 16% of those requested a Dedicated staff person/coordinator to work with.
- Prompt response, detailed information and timely follow-up; Quick response. Please get back to me within 24 hours; A call or email back in a short amount of time
- Respond to all questions/requests in my RFP; Complete attention to detail
- One dedicated staff member who can handle all facets of the arrangements (rather than going through multiple people); A talented, organized individual dedicated to helping wherever needed; Having the event manager assigned as soon as the contract is signed
- Immediate fast facts: size, capacity, etc.
- Easily accessible meeting space floor plans and capacity charts; Detailed facility specifications with 360° video of the space
- Clear information regarding what the venue has to offer; teambuilding, classes, etc.; Knowledge of plans to keep families occupied
- Small meeting info
- Online meeting tool for BEO’s, hotel rooms
Click here to subscribe to the eNewsletter.