- HelmsBriscoe gives back
- Local charities were guests of honor
A few years ago, HelmsBriscoe gave a new platform to their corporate mission of giving back to the communities they work in by identifying a handful of Minnesota charities that could benefit from meaningful year-end donations.
Their annual HB Cares holiday event, held on November 20, 2014, at the Radisson Blu Mall of America, sponsored seven Twin Cities charities. Through its partners, the firm raised more than $70,000 to purchase care packages and other tangible goods their sponsored charities are in need of to support their various missions. Over the past four years the firm has raised and provided gifts totaling $221,000.
The following charities were the recipients of donations from the 2014 event:
- Ronald McDonald House Twin Cities - Volunteers made baking or soup mix in a jar so families can bake or cook a meal from scratch - the kind of activity they would do at home.
- Love Your Melon - Volunteers decorated and embellished hats with messages/graphics and assorted bling to keep the heads of kids going through chemotherapy warm while providing them confidence to get through a tough time in life.
- The Simpson House - Volunteers filled a laundry basket with necessities for moving into a new home. The baskets will assist the homeless clientele the house shelters once they are ready to move into their own home.
- Bloomington Theatre and Art Center - Volunteers assembled art kits this organization uses when they visit Alzheimer
- patients, under-privileged children and nursing homes.
- MN Assistance Council for Veterans - Volunteers assembled backpacks filled with necessities such as hats, gloves and personal care products for veterans in need.
- Earle Brown Charter School - Volunteers assisted the school’s Baby Steps program designed for teen moms committed to completing their education. Eleven families are being adopted and equipped with gift cards, toys, books and warm clothes.
- National Ataxia Foundation - Volunteers assembled upscale baskets or containers featuring various themes to be used at their silent auction fundraising event.